Camping FAQ


Where do I get my Passport and camping wristband??

If you have not purchased your Passport and Ticket in advance, you can purchase them at the Admissions area before you enter the event site.

I canʼt wait to camp at Faerieworlds. What type of ticket do I need??

To camp at Faerieworlds and to enter the camping areas, you need a three day Camping Passport. Tickets are available from the Faerieworlds website and at Admissions at the festival. No one will be admitted to the event site without a Faerieworlds Wristband.

I bought a ticket but canʼt make it. Can I give my ticket to a friend??

All tickets are non-refundable, however they are transferable to another person. Please bring the printed receipt, order number or first/last name of purchaser to Admissions when checking in at WILL CALL. Once wristbands are attached to guests, they cannot be transferred in any way. Attendees with wristbands that have been cut or re-tapped onto guests will not be admitted to the site.

What about children: do they need a ticket too??

Yes. Children’s Camping passes for ages 6 – 12) can be purchased and children 5 and under may camp FREE. All minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times in camping areas. Kids admission is FREE on Sunday.

What time will gates open on Friday??

*Gates will open to the non-camping public at approximately 2:00PM on Friday.

What are the Event Hours for 2019?

What are the Event Hours for 2019?

Guest entrance to Horning’s Hideout ONLY during these hours:

Friday, 10:00 AM – 1 1:00 PM
Gates Open @ 2PM

Saturday, 10:00 – 10:00 PM
Gates Open @ 12PM

Sunday, 10:00AM – 6:00 PM
Gates Open @ 12PM

When can I load into my Camping Site??

We suggest you arrive on Friday BEFORE 10AM so you can check in at Admissions, be one of the first guests in and so you can choose your perfect camp site.

Will Admissions be open if I arrive really late/early??

Admissions will be open on the posted hours below only so plan accordingly.

Do you sell single day tickets??

Yes, for Sunday only.

Do I need a Parking Pass??

YES! Parking Passes are required for all cars entering Horning’s Hideout. Parking Passes are offered in advance on our ticketing page. We strongly encourage everyone purchase your Parking Pass for quicker processing at Admissions. You may come and go and not pay the fee again if the parking pass is displayed. For the protection, safety and security of our guests and by the requirement of Horning’s Hideout, all vehicles will be searched any time you enter the site.

OK - Iʼm at Faerieworlds: where can I park??

At the festival, there is a $30.00 charge for Parking for three days: $10 per day. If you purchased an Advance Parking Pass, please display it on your rear view mirror.. The Hornings Hideout Parking Staff will direct you to the appropriate parking field; each are about a 5-10 min walk to the site.

What about RVs?

Recreational Vehicles, RV Trailers and Buses will be parked in a separate area. An RV is considered any oversized vehicle that will not fit into a single parking space, trailered camper, and/or attached camper to pick-up. Mini Vans will NOT be considered RVs. Only qualifying RV vehicles are permitted in RV Parking – regardless of purchase of an RV pass, non-qualified vehicles shall be directed to park in regular Parking areas. RENTED BOX VANS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED. There are no electric hook ups or dump stations available on site at all. Leveling shims (boards or similar) are recommended. For other vehicles that people intend to sleep in that are undersized (vans, pickups with canopies) we will try to accommodate you by placing you in a level area.

Although we would like to honor the requests for a large space next to undersized vehicles so you can put out chairs and camping gear next to your VW, we CAN’T, for it is basically taking up a complete parking space. If you require additional space next to your RV, you must purchase a SECOND RV Parking Pass.

If RV Camping sells out are there other RV campgrounds close-by??

For those who miss out on an RV Parking Pass for a concert, there are RVs spots at other local campgrounds. For those folks who miss out on an RV pass there are two campgrounds that you can park your RV at and commute to Horning’s for the concert. They are: Mountaindale Sun Resort (503) 647-2449 about 7 miles from here and Stub Stewart State Park, about 15 miles from here. The reservation phone number is 1-800-452-5687.

What About Alter-Abled / Special Needs Information?

A separate area will be reserved for ADA parking and camping. ADA Parking Lot is the ONLY parking area where car camping is allowed. Vehicles are permitted in this area must display an official Blue Alter-Abled placard in their vehicle.

RVs and trailers are NOT permitted in this area. An Alter-Abled person viewing area will be reserved in the concert field. Alter-Abled toilets will be available in both the reserved viewing area and the reserved parking/camping area. Alter-Abled information is also available at Admissions, Information and at the band merchandise area. If special assistance in needed, please visit the information area or stop any Event Staffer. We are happy to help.

Iʼm alterabled: where can I park?

Alterabled Parking is immediately adjacent to the access road leading to the event site. Our Parking staff will guide you to your space. It is a hard surface road to the event site.

What about fire lanes??

For everyone’s safety and security, please observe and follow all NO PARKING signage and marked fire lanes. These are here for your safety. Any vehicles or camping structures found in marked fire lanes are subject to immediate removal or towing at the owners expense.

Can I have a campfire or campstove?


Per the rules of Horning’s Hideout, NO OPEN FLAME OF ANY KIND & NO CAMPFIRES OR CAMPSTOVES by the public are permitted in camping and event areas. This is the most extreme fire season Oregon has experienced in many years. These rules will be strictly enforced for your safety and protection.
No exceptions will be made.

Iʼm alterabled: where can I park?

Alterabled Parking is immediately adjacent to the access road leading to the event site. Our Parking staff will guide you to your space. It is a hard surface road to the event site.

May I come and go as needed from event?

Patrons will be permitted to exit and re-enter the event if they do so according to event requirements. You must purchase (or have purchased) a Parking Pass for your vehicle upon arrival. You will receive a Parking Pass that must be displayed at all times AND to gain re-entry and avoid paying again.

We encourage patrons to bring enough supplies for the entire event. During times of heavy incoming traffic, exiting vehicles may experience delays. IF you know you will have to leave, tell a Parking Coordinator and they will try to accommodate. Vehicles returning may not be able to return to same parking spot as before; you may have to park at a remote lot.

Intoxicated persons will not be re-admitted. All re-admitted persons must have the proper event ticket, pass, wristband and ID or they will be required to purchase another ticket.

I got a lot of stuff. Can I drive my car to my camp site?

No. For everyoneʼs safety, no vehicles are allowed to drive into camping areas. Be prepared to carry in your camping supplies from the parking area to the camping area. We suggest you bring your wagons, luggage with wheels, carts or even baby strollers/joggers…anything with wheels to help move your camping gear to your campsite.

Can I bring my golf cart or ATV?

No. Due to Hornings Hideout regulations, no personal transportation vehicles such as ATVʼs, Golf Carts, Motorbikes or Scooters or any motorized personal transportation devices are allowed on the property, except for motorized wheelchairs for disabled attendees.

Can I reserve a camping spot in advance?

All camping is first come / first serve, including family camping and Alter-Abled / special needs camping. If you have a legitimate need for family or special needs camping, please notify Admissions upon arrival.

Is there going to be a Family / Quiet camping area this year?

Yes! We have set aside a nice area, with quiet-hours, family camp area where we hope parking access will be close to camping. We will have clear signage. These are VERY popular areas and tend to fill quickly.

We have a VW camper van that we prefer to sleep and make food in. According to the online information, my van is not an RV so we can't stay in that area. Also according to the information, we can't camp in the parking area. So, my question is, will you have a van parking area that we can camp in that is somewhat level?

Yes you can, but you will be parked in a normal parking spot, so while you are able to sleep in it you will not be able to set up camp around it for the other cars will be too close. You can set up a place to sit with friends in the camping areas, NOT the Parking area.

We do try to hold out some flat areas for those who are sleeping in their vehicle, but once those are gone you will be parked where ever the flow of traffic is going. There is no other choice so please to not argue with the volunteers for a different spot. Bring blocks to level the van, for much of the parking is on rolling hills.

As stated in the small RV policy, we will save a place and a more flat area for vans and such where they can sleep comfortably in the vehicle. They will NOT be able to set up a camp next to the vehicle at all. They can certainly set up a day use area for themselves, i.e. chairs and such with the rest of the tent campers. We do not mix camping and cars they can’t set up alongside their vans.

I have a medical condition that necessitates that I have immediate access to my emergency medication or equipment in my vehicle.

There will be an area for medical emergency parking adjacent to the festival site entrance. Please bring documentation of your medical condition with you.